Friday, April 12, 2013

A New Lease on Life!



I’m beginning a new chapter in my life and I’m really excited about it!  When I started this blog last year, I intended it to be a place to talk about my work as an instructional designer; starting a business; and the ups and downs of running a business. 


Me, February 2013
But, things change, and last year I accepted a new job that sounded like a good growth opportunity.  Unfortunately, it quickly became apparent to me that the new company's culture, work-style, and values were very different than mine, and though  I tried to adapt, some things are just not "meant to be!" I'd gained 10+ lbs. (not good on my 5'0" frame), my normally healthy 110/70 blood pressure increased to 139/90, my arthritis was flaring up regularly, something affected my circulation and caused my calves and legs to ache all of the time; and sometimes my feet would go numb.  I’m usually pretty laid-back, but I had become chronically irritable, and my fuse became very short. I dreaded going to work, and realized I had to make a change.
 
In January, I quit my job and enrolled in a health and wellness coach training program at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN).  I immediately found an active and supportive community of women and men who were passionate about many of the same things I am passionate about, and who know that together, we can help people learn to live more healthily, happily, and harmoniously with themselves and their world. We know that by living holistically and making lifestyle changes like improving our nutrition, incorporating the right kinds of exercise into our lives, listening to our bodies and learning to trust ourselves to know what is right for us; we can learn to balance what has become what has become unbalanced. By spreading the word, and helping others to do the same, we can fix our broken healthcare system, help people live happier, healthier, fuller lives, and ultimately, change the world! 


Me, April 2013
Since I started on my new path, I have lost almost 10 lbs. and my blood pressure is back to normal.  Re-incorporating regular exercise, meditation and stretching into my daily routine has reduced my arthritis noticeably, and I’m beginning to rediscover the “real me!”  Most days, I wake up feeling happy and energized, looking forward to my day instead of dreading it.   And oh, I’m still doing instructional design work, but I’m finding a whole new way of doing it, and it’s getting to be fun again!
 

This is going to be a great journey, and I’m looking forward to it!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. חוזה שכירות סטנדרטי

    ReplyDelete